The research findings on Stopping Smoking with Hypnotherapy indicate a success up to 88%.
The research findings on Stopping Smoking with Acupuncture indicate a success rate ranging up to 82%.
STOP SMOKING TODAY WITH HYPNOSIS / ACUPUNCTURE
What is the best way to Stop Smoking? Some schools of thought say Hypnotherapy; others say Acupuncture. It does not matter here at Acu-Medica as we offer a unique service and offer both together + much more.
Acupuncture is excellent here as it helps influence the sympathetic nervous system, helps the body detoxify, strengthens the lungs. Possible side effects such as hunger, mood swings/irritability, insomnia etc are also taken into consideration. Acupuncture can effectively eliminate the need to smoke by stimulating nerve pathways associated with nicotine cravings.
What Is Hypnosis?
A state of relaxation and concentration at one with a state of heightened awareness induced by suggestion. It is a non-addictive power for good and is a natural manifestation of the mind at work.
How Does It Work?
There are various states of mind and your mind is working on two levels. "The Conscious and Subconscious". The conscious mind is your waking reasoning minds where as the subconscious mind is much larger and controls tasks such as breathing, driving and habits. When the subconscious mind accepts a habit such as smoking it is unlikely to change that habit easily. How many times have you heard someone say, "I won't smoke", and the first thing that person does is reach for a cigarette? This is because it is a subconscious habit. With Hypnosis we communicate directly with the subconscious mind and we can change these unwanted habits very easily.
Can Hypnosis Really Help Me To Stop The Smoking Habit?
YES hypnosis can help you to STOP. Smoking is a habit and habits are controlled by the subconscious mind. Through hypnosis we can access the subconscious mind and remove that old unwanted habit.
People Know That Smoking Is Bad For Them And If Hypnosis Works So Well Why Do People Continue To Smoke?
The simple answer is "FEAR". Let me give you some examples.
• The Fear that life will get to stressful and without cigarettes you will be angry all the time.
• The Fear that that you will 'crave' for a smoke for the rest of your life.
• The Fear you may put on weight.
• The Fear that they will become argumentative and irritable.
So what is the reality?
Hypnosis helps take away the cravings we fear. Hypnosis removes those feelings of wanting a cigarette and helps ease those feelings of needing a cigarette. Yes because with hypnosis that feeling of being deprived of a cigarette fades very fast. Usually after one session of hypnosis most will feel more confident and determined that they can and will achieve their goal, that they have simply "Stopped Smoking" with hypnosis and it was all very easy.
My Approach. On Arrival:
1. Overall look at your health in particular your lungs. (Your tongue will tell a lot, also the Acu-Graph machine will give a bar chart look at your overall health, energy levels etc including your lungs)
3. Hypnotherapy After Session:
4. Acupuncture Beads in both ears.
5. Cd on Smoking for Self Hypnosis.
6. Chinese Medical Herbs (Gmp)
7. Notes about smoking and the harmful effects,
What Is Smoking Doing For You?
Your Rewards For Stopping Smoking.
• You will feel healthier.
• You will be financially better off.
• You sense of smell and taste will improve.
• Your breath will not smell of stale cigarettes.
Why Stopping Smoking Today Is The Best Investments You Will Ever Make.
One packet of cigarettes today averages around €8.65 Therefore if you are smoking one pack of cigarettes per day you are costing your self:
€60.55 Per Week
€242 Per Month
€2,904 Per Year
€14,520 Every Five Years
€58,080 After Twenty Years
Tips to Help Quit Smoking
• Stopping Smoking requires faith and belief. Many people who are thinking about quitting smoking cannot imagine that they will ever reach a point where they will find it easy and start thinking positive. This is why you will need a leap of faith at the start. Each passing day becomes an achievement, after a while it becomes a week and then a month. Every day people are doing it.
• Sit down and look at the benefits to be had from not smoking and look at yourself in six months. E.g. Healthier, wealthier, positive mental outlook etc etc.
• See your local Hypnotherapist/Acupuncturist. Health Benefits of Quitting Smoking –
• After 20 minutes – Your blood pressure drops to a level close to that before your last cigarette.
• Couple Of Hours – Nicotine starts to leave the body.
• After 8 Hours – The carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
• After 24 Hours – Your chance of a heart attack decreases. Taste Buds/smell start to improve.
• Within 3 Months – Your Circulation improves and your lung function is up 30%.
• After 1 year – The risk of heart disease is halved.
• After 5 years – Stroke risk is reduced to that of someone who has never smoked.
This is best done sitting but can be done standing or lying down.
1. Sit with your back straight and your hands resting comfortably in your lap or on your thighs. All inhalations are done through the nose, all exhalations through the mouth.
2. Commence inhaling slowly, smoothly and deeply to a count of 4 seconds. Fill your lower lungs first (by pushing out your abdomen), then your middle and upper lungs. Hold your breath for 7 seconds. Slowly and smoothly exhale for 8 seconds. As you exhale, try to let go of all your anxiety, tension and stress. That's one round, pause briefly and restart. Do this whenever you feel anxious or nervous etc.
Summary – Inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 7 and exhale for 8 seconds.
- Calms the mind.
- Tones the nervous system.
- Regulates your breathing.
- Balances the emotions.